Israel conquered Canaan through the power and promises of God. Listen to Ptr. Nathan Tee this week as he highlights how God keeps and fulfills the promises He gives to His people. Only in Him can we find the strength and confidence to continue on the journey He has called us to take.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– What are some things that people grumble about? Why do you think we grumble?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read Joshua 13:1-7. What did God tell Joshua to do? What makes it difficult to accomplish?
– Read Joshua 14:6-15. Describe Caleb. What are his spiritual strengths?
– Compare Caleb’s attitude with the people of Joseph in 17:14-18.
– Read Joshua 18:1-10. Why is it that the seven tribes had not received their portion yet? (Note to leaders: The people of Joseph grumbled. The seven tribes procrastinated that resulted in inaction as they were concerned about the fairness of land distribution.)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– In what way does your response to God’s promises resemble Caleb’s response?
– In what way does your response to God’s promises resemble the people of Joseph?
– In what way does your response to God’s promises resemble the seven tribes?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– Identify and share the things that you grumble about. What can help you respond more like Caleb? (Note to leaders: Take note of the answers and start the next meeting with accountability on the things they grumble about.)
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Thank God for His wisdom, sovereignty, and plans for us. Thank God for His blessings and for providing us with what we need.
– Repent of times when we grumble on what has given us instead of following the Lord wholeheartedly and being content with His blessings.
– Pray for a heart that anticipates and receives God’s blessings and promises with eagerness, assurance, and gratitude.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.