We have much to learn from Israel’s battles in Canaan because we, too, experience challenges when we move forward in faith. Listen to Ptr. Jared Co this week as he reminds us that we can continue to march on like Joshua because the battle—and the victory—belongs to the Lord.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Identify some of the big battles you’ve faced in your life.
– Identify some of the small battles in your everyday life.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– What kind of attitude and characteristics did Joshua have in fighting the battles?
– In which of these do you need to improve on?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– What are you most fearful of when facing life’s battles?
– In these battles, in what way do you live out dependence on God and obedience to Him?
– All battles belong to God. What is your role in the battles? How are you going to do it?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– Accountability. How can our group help you depend and obey God more as you face big and small battles?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise God because we can trust Him and let Him lead us in facing life’s battles. God is faithful. He goes before us and fights for us no matter what we are going through. He sustains us with wisdom and strength.
– Pray for sensitivity to God’s Spirit that we may experience His loving presence and rest. May He grant us endurance, reassurance, and hope as we faithfully entrust our battles to Him and to wholeheartedly obey.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.