Victory Over the Impossible
Why did Joshua fully trust in God’s unconventional strategy for overcoming the walls of Jericho? This week, Rev. Genesis Tan reminds us that when we face the impossible, we must remember who is in charge, carry out His plan, and persevere in our obedience.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– What are some things you find hard/impossible to overcome? (e.g. a particular situation, a sin, a relationship, etc.)
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. What was God’s command for the Israelites to do?
– Put yourself in the shoes of Joshua or the Israelites, how would you respond to the situation? How would you respond to God’s command?
– How did Joshua and the Israelites overcome it?
– What does “Jericho” symbolize?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– What is the significance of overcoming the “Jericho” in your life?
– Think through the answer you provided in ‘Engage with one another’. How do you feel about this “Jericho”? How is God speaking to you through the passage? (Note to leaders: Provide a safe space for vulnerability and confidentiality)
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– What do you plan to do in order to overcome the “Jericho” in your life? Identify 1 thing that you want to start doing today as a response to God’s message through Joshua 6? How are you going to do it?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise God for He is faithful and trustworthy. Thank God for overcoming sin and death through Jesus and we are now victorious over our sins and shame.
– Ask God to help us identify the Jerichos in our life that prevent us from enjoying our life and God’s presence.
– Ask God for a repentant heart to turn away from our bondages and to enjoy our life through Jesus.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.