猶太人過約旦河後應該馬上進攻耶利哥，因為當時敵人士氣低落時, 這是最好的戰機，但約書亞第五章卻記載猶太人作了三件非常不平凡的事, 第一他們在敵人面前行割禮, 第二他們在敵人面前擺設筵席, 第三他們在敵人面前臨時換帥; 這三件事在敵人眼中都是非常愚蠢的事, 但在神眼中卻是非常重要的事, 因為這是戰爭成功的原因。
Joshua Chapter 5 records the three extraordinary steps the Jews took to prepare for their forthcoming battle with Jericho. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds us that our human ideas of preparation will hardly ever match the Lord’s and that our obedience to His will is the key to success.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
約書亞記第五章 Joshua 5
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• How do you prepare for the day? (e.g. Getting up at a specific time, preparing meals, running through the things to do, etc.) What happens when you are not able to prepare properly?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What did the Lord command the Israelites to do? What made these so unusual?
• What is the significance about the things God commanded them to do? Why is it important to prepare them before going into battle?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• How did the Lord prepare you to face the life season you are in now? What was it like for you?
• What is something that you want to imitate from this passage?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• What command is God asking you to obey? How will you do it? (Be specific. When will you do it? What action will you take?)
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise the Lord for dealing with our hearts as a preparation for us to face difficulties and appreciate His blessings.
• Ask for God’s forgiveness for times that we resist to follow His instructions.
• Ask God to expand our faith and trust in Him – that we may choose to obey Him even when we do not understand.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.