After the Israelites crossed the Jordan River, God commanded them to set up memorial stones. This week, listen to Ptr. Jared Co as he encourages us to do as Israel did by habitually commemorating God’s faithfulness and provision, for doing so prepares us for the battles that lie ahead.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share something that you want to remember for the rest of your life (can be a life lesson, a meaningful conversation you’ve had, or an experience).
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. Describe what God told the Israelites to do.
– Why is it important for them to remember?
– What are some things that help you remember who God is? (Note to leaders: Answers can vary – an object, a discipline such as daily devotion, a person or relationship, etc.)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– As you experience God’s presence and who He is, what specific experience do you want to remember and share with others?
– Why is this experience significant for you?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– Think of a specific person to share your experience of God with. How are you going to initiate the conversation?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Thank God for giving us His word, people around us, and circumstances, that we may know Him and remember who He is.
– Pray for God’s spirit to help us remember Him in the midst of what we go through – the highs and lows of life.
– Pray for opportunities to share our experience of God’s presence to others that others may be encouraged and know God as well.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.