True wisdom comes from understanding the mystery of the lordship of Jesus Christ. Listen to Ptr. Nathan Tee this week as he explains how the Holy Spirit enables us to interpret, understand, accept, and see our life events and circumstances through the mind of Christ.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Corinthians 2:6-16
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share a time when you recognized the limitations of human understanding and saw the importance of spiritual discernment in your own life or within your community.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. What is the significance of Paul emphasizing that the wisdom revealed by God is not something seen through human eyes but is spiritually discerned?
– How does Paul’s emphasis on not boasting in men but in God alone align with the broader theme of the book, and what implications does it have for the Corinthian believers?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Examine yourself: What usual instances/areas do you often find yourself tempted to use the wisdom/lens of the world? What do you think is the root cause of this?
– Be honest: In what ways has having a spiritual lens influenced your view of yourself and your role in God’s work, especially in the context of your calling and ministry? If it has not, what are the potential barriers or apprehensions you have that prevent you from having a spiritual lens?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– How can you intentionally seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit this week?
– Reflect on your role within your church community. How can you actively contribute to fostering a culture that values the wisdom revealed by the Spirit and encourages dependence on God’s Word?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– With praise and gratitude, thank God for the profound wisdom revealed through the Spirit lens, guiding us to understand His work and purpose within our lives and our church community. Praise Him for the unity that comes from having the mind of Christ and the discernment granted by the Holy Spirit. Thank Him for the transformative power of His wisdom, which surpasses human understanding. Acknowledge His sovereignty and lift your voice in thanksgiving for the privilege of being a recipient of His secret wisdom.
– Recognize the times when you have leaned on worldly wisdom and human perspectives, neglecting the profound truth of the Spirit lens. Ask for forgiveness for the moments when you have allowed divisions or misunderstandings to arise within the church community due to your reliance on human understanding. Repent of any arrogance or self-reliance that has hindered you from fully depending on the mind of Christ and the discernment of the Holy Spirit. Ask God to help you to turn away from your own ways and embrace wholeheartedly the wisdom that comes from God.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.