哥林多教會不明白什麼是神的智慧, 他們以人的智慧來處理教會的事, 結果產生了結黨紛爭. 本週, 張國強牧師提醒我們十字架的智慧不是以人的高言大智, 十字架的智慧是基督與祂釘十字架, 我們要依靠聖靈與祂大能來傳講.
The Corinthian church used human wisdom to address issues in their church, resulting in division and strife. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung admonishes us not to rest in the wisdom of men but rather in the power of God manifested through the cross of Jesus Christ.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
林前 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share a time when you felt inadequate or hesitant to share the Gospel due to your perceived lack of eloquence or wisdom. How did your understanding of the wisdom of the Cross influence your approach to sharing the message of Christ?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What did Paul not emphasize in his teaching, and what did he emphasize (vv. 1-2)? (Think: Where else had he mentioned this?)
• Explore together the concept of the Cross turning shame into glory. How does this transformation influence your understanding of redemption and the way you view your shortcomings and mistakes?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• How does the idea of boasting in the wisdom of the Cross resonate with your personal struggles with pride, self-importance, or the desire for recognition? Consider where in your life you might be seeking attention for yourself rather than directing it toward Christ and His Cross.
• Be honest: Have you been relying on your own wisdom and abilities to grow your spiritual life and ministry? What encourages and hinders you from depending on God alone?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• How can you practically incorporate the wisdom of the Cross into your daily conversations and interactions, especially when faced with the fear of inadequacy or the desire for eloquence?
• Consider specific ways to actively rely on the power of the Holy Spirit in the preaching of the Word. How can your Life Group/family/community collectively foster an environment where the Spirit’s power is evident in your head, heart, and hands?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Thank the Heavenly Father for the gift of His Word, the true wellspring that never dries up. Praise Him for the guidance, wisdom, and courage that His Word provides in our lives. Thank Him for being a trustworthy and unchanging Source of Truth. Pray that you boast in His Word, acknowledging its power to transform hearts and lead people in the paths of righteousness. Pray as well to live a life that continually reflects the glory of His Word, and that your praise be a testament to His faithfulness.
• Ask for forgiveness for the times you have relied on human wisdom rather than seeking guidance from God’s Word. Confess that you have at times been swayed by the world’s perspective, seeking your own glory instead of boasting in the Cross of Christ. Ask God to create in you a repentant heart, and help you turn away from the pride that keeps you from fully surrendering to Him. Repent for the moments you have neglected the desperate need for the Holy Spirit in your life, relying on your strength instead. Further repent for the times you have sought attention for yourself rather than directing it toward Christ. Ask God to grant you the grace to consistently boast in Him, acknowledging His Word, Cross, and Spirit as our ultimate source of strength and guidance.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.