Worldly wisdom tells us to value influence, power, and wealth, but God’s wisdom is different. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shares how God calls us to follow His path of wisdom by embracing His righteousness, holiness, and redemption through the call of the cross.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
林前 1 Cor 1:26-31
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share how your perception of boasting shifted since you started your faith journey. Have you experienced a transformation in what you boast about, moving from personal achievements to a focus on God’s wisdom?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. How does knowing that “”the same power that saves us is the same power that saves others”” impact your understanding of God’s grace and salvation?
• In what ways do the love and justice of God intersect at the Cross? How does understanding this intersection impact your relationship with God and your view of His character?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Reflect: How does understanding that holiness is both a status and a behavior shape your approach to living a holy life?
• Examine yourself: What encourages and challenges you in maintaining a life of holiness?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Identify practical steps to cultivate a life of holiness, considering both aspects of holiness (status and behavior). How can you encourage others in your Life Group/family/community to pursue holiness as individuals and as one body?
• Reflect on our redemption and the ransom paid for our salvation. How can you share this message with someone who may not yet understand the depth of God’s love and sacrifice?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Take the time to express praise and gratitude to the Heavenly Father for His immense love displayed at the Cross. Thank Him for sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to be our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. His wisdom, justice, and mercy intersected at the Cross, bringing salvation to undeserving sinners like us. Pray that your life may be a continual expression of gratitude for the work of the Cross.
• Humbly approach God’s throne with repentant hearts, recognizing your tendency to boast in your own wisdom, strength, and achievements. Ask for forgiveness for the times you have failed to boast in who He is and what He has done. Ask Him to grant you the grace to shift your focus from worldly accomplishments to the wisdom and righteousness found in Christ alone. Pray that you may live out a life of holiness, reflecting both the status and behavior of those redeemed by His grace. Repent for any areas of your life where you have fallen short and surrender to His transformative power. May your repentance lead to a renewed commitment to walk in His ways and glorify His Name in all you do.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.