What causes divisions within the church? This week, Ptr. Nathan Tee urges us to put away our differences by reminding us that we are all but sinners covered in God’s grace.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Cor 1:10-17
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share how you observe God working distinctively among our pastors. What strengths and weaknesses do they each have? In what ways do you see their unique strengths and weaknesses as different parts that are necessary for the health of the whole body of our church?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. What do you notice about Paul’s attitude as one of their leaders? What can we learn from him?
– List ways people sometimes exalt religious leaders. What are the implications of placing too much emphasis on human leaders within the church?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Examine yourself: What value system might you be carrying into your church?
– What sort of measures have you been using to judge or evaluate your church/leaders? In what ways has these measures led you to judge highly or lowly of them or yourself?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– In what specific ways can you contribute to limiting divisions and reaching for unity within the church and your community?
– How can you ensure that your actions and priorities as part of the church body align with the foundational truths of Christianity, rather than being swayed by divisions or misplaced priorities?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise the Heavenly Father for the unchanging foundation we have in Christ. Thank Him for the reminder that leaders may come and go, but Christ remains the cornerstone of our faith. Give thanks for the profound truth of the Gospel—the birth, death, resurrection, and return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Acknowledge that amidst our differences, the Gospel remains the unifying force that transcends all.
– Humbly come before the Lord and repent for the times you have misplaced your priorities, exalting human leaders or sacraments above the central message of the Gospel. Ask for forgiveness for any divisions or misunderstandings that may have arisen in your heart and within your community as a result. Ask God to help you refocus your gaze on Christ alone.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.