How can we go through trying times and still find the space to give thanks to God? This week, Rev. Mike Cariño reminds us that God can turn our hopelessness to gratefulness. He understands our trials, He is worthy of our worship, and He saves us when we come to Him in faith.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Describe a recent experience wherein you felt grateful. How did you express your gratitude?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. What do you think the lepers expected when they called out to Jesus for mercy? Was it food, shelter, clothing, money, or actual healing? (v.13)
– What was the added benefit of the one leper who returned and expressed gratitude? What do you think is the difference between “healed” (vv.14-15) and “well” (v.19)?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Examine yourself: What do you think is your modern-day leprosy?
– In what ways or circumstances do you find yourself taking God for granted?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– What specific steps is God asking you to take to develop a natural response and lifestyle of gratitude?
– Starting this week, challenge yourself to write down 3 things you are grateful for each day until the end of 2023. Make sure to put down something you haven’t written yet in the past days so you can be more intentional about noticing other blessings.
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise the Heavenly Father for His selfless love, abundant mercy, costly grace, and faithfulness to His promises. Recognize that whether we realize it or not, He is actively working in all of our lives. Pray for a loose grip on your life so you may joyfully submit to His will. Offer every aspect of your life to Him as your Lord and Savior.
– Take the time to reflect on Who God is. You can search for the Names and attributes of God and meditate on them. After, thank God for His past, present, and future faithfulness.
– Repent for the times you have neglected to thank God for the blessings He has given you and the instances you have taken Him for granted. Ask God to help you embody gratitude in all circumstances so that you may be a visible example of a transformed life in Christ.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.