As the Israelites prepared to conquer Jericho, the Lord instructed them to take unusual steps to ready themselves. Listen to Ptr. Nathan Tee this week as he reminds us that the LORD’s ways are often surprising and counter-intuitive and that He values faithful obedience and preparation over mere performance.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
How do you prepare for the day? (e.g. Getting up at a specific time, preparing meals, running through the things to do, etc.) What happens when you are not able to prepare properly?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. What did the Lord command the Israelites to do? What made these so unusual?
– What is the significance about the things God commanded them to do? Why is it important to prepare them before going into battle?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– How did the Lord prepare you to face the life season you are in now? What was it like for you?
– What is something that you want to imitate from this passage?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– What command is God asking you to obey? How will you do it? (Be specific. When will you do it? What action will you take?)
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise the Lord for dealing with our hearts as a preparation for us to face difficulties and appreciate His blessings.
– Ask for God’s forgiveness for times that we resist to follow His instructions.
– Ask God to expand our faith and trust in Him – that we may choose to obey Him even when we do not understand.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.