Ephesians teaches us how our reverence for Christ influences our capacity to submit to one another. This week, listen to Ptr. Jared Co as he explains how this applies to those under authority, those in authority, and those under God in Christ.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- What does a healthy parent-child relationship look like?
- Describe a good master-servant relationship.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What is the role of a father (parent)? What is the role of a child?
- What is the role of a master (employer)? What is the role of a servant (employee)?
- In what way should each submit to our Heavenly Father/Master?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Think and reflect: Identify an area in your life where you find it difficult to submit to God (relationship, finances, vocation, etc.). What should change in order for you to submit to our – Heavenly Father/Master in this area?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What action steps can you take this coming week towards the change you identified in ‘Engage the Heart’ in order to submit to God wholeheartedly?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank God for His instructions, model of headship, discipline, and love for us to imitate.
- Pray for a softened heart towards submitting to God’s leading and to obey wholeheartedly.
- Pray for each other’s concerns.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.