Peace is possible only through Jesus Christ. This week, Pastor Jared Co invites us to let go of what divides us and instead focus on Jesus, for only He can create a new community that is designed to bring joy and peace.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share a time when you had a conflict with another person. What caused the conflict?
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Have you reconciled? If yes, how was it? If not, what hinders you to reconcile?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. In vv. 11-12, what does it mean that a person is “uncircumcised” (may refer to Genesis 17:1-14 to know more about the covenant of circumcision)? What was the status of the uncircumcised?
- How did Jesus unite the Jews and the Gentiles? How did He become our peace? What is the importance of being reconciled to God and to others?
- From vv.11-12 to vv. 19-22. What changed when Christ died on the cross? What does it mean for you that you are a new humanity in Christ?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- As a new humanity, God dwells in you. How has your life changed? What specific steps can you take starting this week towards being transformed into Christlikeness?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank God for:
- Bringing Jesus to us as our Peace, that through Jesus we are reconciled back to God.
- Making us a new humanity as members of God’s household.
- His dwelling in us.
- Pray for God’s power in us and for us to allow the Spirit to transform us into Christlikeness and to live in unity as God’s children.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.