Who is a fool? This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung draws from Proverbs 10 to show us a portrait of a fool. To be truly wise, let’s study what foolishness is like and gain a new understanding of wisdom from another perspective.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share a time when you did or said something and later on realized that it was not the wisest thing to do.
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Follow up question from ‘Engage with One Another’: What made you realize it was not the wisest thing to do? What would make it wise?
- Spend a minute of silence to reflect on your ways and your words. In what ways do these reflect God’s wisdom?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. Compare the heart of the wise and the heart of the fool.
- Compare the ways of the wise and the ways of the fool.
- Compare the words of the wise and the words of the fool.
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- With this passage’s definition of wisdom and what you have shared, what action steps can you take in order to exude God’s wisdom in your ways and your words?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Cases of Covid-19 are still high with an average of 5000+ for the last few days. Daily death toll is at 100+.
- The government has started vaccinating economic frontliners and indigent Filipinos, A4 and A5, on the vaccine priority list; to achieve herd immunity as soon as possible.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.