Money is a recurring topic in the Bible because it exerts a powerful force in our lives. This week, Ptr. Jared Co draws from Ecclesiastes 5 to show us how we can be wise about our wealth so that it helps rather than hinders us from having a meaningful life.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- What is your greatest splurge?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What are the observations of the Teacher about the man who loves wealth and the laborer?
- What are the observations of the Teacher about work and the gift of enjoying the rewards of work?
- What does this passage say about fearing God? What does this mean for you?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Why do people tend to love and pursue wealth?
- With what you have been blessed, in what way/s can you enjoy the rewards of work?
- Self Reflection: How have I been loving the gifts more than the Giver?
- For you, in what way does fearing God relate to how we perceive wealth?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What specific action/s can you take this week to focus on the Giver more than His gifts?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Active cases to continue to decline in the coming days.
- Peaceful resolution on the territorial dispute between the Philippines and China in the West Philippines Sea.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.