Does your life leave you feeling helpless and unhappy? This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to look at life through God’s eyes. When we acknowledge that the Lord is sovereign and in control, emptiness turns into fullness and helplessness becomes satisfaction.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What observations did King Solomon have?
- What do these observations say about a life lived with God? How about a life lived without God?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What kind of oppressions do you observe around you (e.g. family, school/workplace, society)?
- What Truth can we hold on to about oppression and injustices? (NOTE TO LEADER: Please be sensitive in case someone shares his/her own experience of being oppressed. It is an opportunity to minister to their heart.)
- In what way can you bring balance to enjoy God’s gift of work?
- Share an experience of working with other people to achieve something. In what way is it helpful for you to have someone to partner with (e.g. spouse, family, friend, co-worker, teammate, etc.) to complete a task?
- For you, how important is it to seek the recognition and approval of other people? How about the approval of God? What does this passage say about seeking position/popularity (vv.13-16)?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- With what you have learned from this passage, identify 1 area in your life that you want to change/improve. What specific actions will you do towards the change?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Vaccination program to be expedited and free from corruption and politics.
- Distribution of Social Amelioration Program (SAP) for affected population be orderly and quick.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.