享樂，成就，智慧與財富，這都是世人所追求的東西，但又有多少人能真正擁有呢? 但如果真的擁有了，這就是成功了嗎？ 智慧的王所羅門用他個人的經歷來向我們作出了最好的解讀 。
How many of us who pursue pleasures, achievements, wisdom, and wealth are truly successful? This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shares the personal experience of the wise king Solomon to help us understand how to attain a life full of meaning.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share 1 thing you enjoy doing. Describe the pleasure/enjoyment it brings to you.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What pleasures did King Solomon enjoy? What were King Solomon’s achievements?
- What were King Solomon’s observations about wisdom and work?
- What is King Solomon’s conclusion when he observed the world pursuing these things?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Reflection: What kind of pleasures did you try to pursue to gain satisfaction (e.g. material things, position, lust, relationships, awards, knowledge, money/career, etc.)? In what way do you resonate with King Solomon?
- What does a life centered on God look like for you? How is it different from a life that is not centered on God?
- It is not wrong to enjoy God’s blessings. How can we enjoy what God has given us? In what way can you honor God through what He has blessed you with?
- No one is exempted from death. How did Jesus overcome this for us? What is the hope that we can have through Christ? (Through His death, we can live and find the meaning of life.)
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Think of the things you pursue. What is 1 thing you want to change/re-focus on God? What specific action steps will you do towards the change?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Vaccination process at the sites to be smooth and safe.
- Protection for our government leaders as they serve the Filipino people.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.