Different views about life lead people to make dramatically different life choices. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung highlights the futility of living life from the human perspectives of science, history, and philosophy. Only by approaching life with God’s perspective can we be spared a life of folly and instead gain a life of wisdom.
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Follow up from last week’s ‘Engage the Hands’. Share how you were able to impart positive power to the people around you (with the intention of sharing Christ to them).
- For you, what does it mean to be wise?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Who is King Solomon?
- Read the passage. What are the observations of King Solomon?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- In what way do you resonate with King Solomon’s observations? What about his observations do you agree/disagree with?
- This passage speaks about the meaninglessness of life. What Truth about God can we learn from this? What verses can help you see God’s purpose for our life?
- What would make life meaningful for you? Why is Jesus our ultimate satisfaction and fulfillment in life?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Think of one thing you want to pursue that can bring meaning to your life. What action steps can you do to pursue it?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Godly counsel and salvation of our government leaders.
- Wisdom for local government in rolling out vaccinations in the respective locations.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.