事奉神不是一種屬靈的買賣，乃是愛的回應；當我們以正確的態度事奉神，感恩的心事奉神； 永恆的賞賜是超過我們所求所想的, 這是你事奉神的動力嗎?
Serving God is not a spiritual business transaction but a response of love. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to examine the motivation behind our service and ministry. When we serve God with the right attitude and a grateful heart, we can look forward to eternal rewards that are far more than we can ask or think of.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- Share a time when you were rewarded for something you did. How did you feel about it?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What was the issue of the Israelites? How did the Israelites speak arrogantly against God? How does it relate to rewards in serving the Lord?
- Why is God saddened when we do a spiritual business transaction?
- Read Romans 8:32, 5:8, and 5:10. What do these say about God’s heart in giving us the gift of salvation?
- What does ‘on the day when I act’ mean? Are your eyes set in the present or in the future?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What kind of heart should we have in serving the Lord? For reflection: Is this my heart in serving God? How can I have the right heart in serving God? (God’s gift of salvation)
- What does it mean for you that you are God’s treasured possession?
- What kind of rewards do you want? Temporal or eternal? Material or spiritual things? Praises of men or honor from God? In what area of your life do you struggle with this?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- In what ways can you set your focus on things that are valuable eternally? How are you going to do it this week?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- For a vaccine to be finally made available – Pfizer reports 90% effectivity on their human clinical trial
- Typhoon Rolly: Recovery and rehabilitation of hard-hit areas
- Typhoon Ulysses: Mercy and grace upon all who are affected; rescue and recovery of individuals who are still missing; repair of damages on vital installations and infrastructure
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.