“To suffer loss by stealing” is to forfeit the blessings that God wants to give us. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to not be fearful of giving or to see giving as a loss. For when we withhold what is due to God, we end up losing out on the blessings that God wants to give us.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- Share your view on tithing/giving.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- How does giving reveal our relationship with God?
- How were the Israelites robbing God?
- ‘For you’ has been repeated 3x in this passage. What does this reveal about God’s heart towards us?
- What is God’s promise of blessing? How is Jesus the fulfillment of God’s promise of blessing?
- How is tithing in the OT similar / different to the NT?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Think about your giving and spending. Share how God is molding you in this area.
- Reflect on Matthew 6:24. What does this verse mean for you?
- Has there been a time when you struggled with the Truth that everything comes from the Lord? Please share.
- How has this message affirmed/changed your view on giving?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- In what way can you invest your wealth to God’s work in people’s lives this week? Be specific.
- With what He has given you, how can you honor the Lord this week?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Recovery and rehabilitation of hard-hit areas by Typhoon Rolly – Catanduanes, Albay, Quezon, and Batangas.
- Government response to the pandemic – health and economic measures.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.