True godliness begins when we accord to God his rightful position and serve Him with the right attitude and in the right way. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds us that the Lord seeks from us the godliness that comes from within and manifests outwardly.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- What is the best/worst material gift you have ever received? Why do you consider it the best/worst?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- How did the Israelites dishonor God with their sacrifices? Why does God require unblemished animal sacrifices?
- What kind of offering brings honor to God?
- What does it mean to honor God with our heart? How does God feel when we offer the wrong sacrifices?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Which part of your life is God not in the first place?
- What challenges do you face in serving God with a godly attitude/reverence?
- In what ways have you been trying to serve God using your own methods instead of the methods of the Lord?
- Is there such a thing as a perfect and blameless sacrifice coming from us? Why do you think so? What is the beauty of Christ’s sacrifice? What is your motivation to honor God?
- For you, how important is being dependent/relying on the Holy Spirit?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- How can you prioritize this week?
- In what ways can you honor God this week?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Ongoing investigations of corruption scandals in different government agencies – Bureau of Immigration, Philhealth, etc.
- Start of classes last October 5 for learners amid challenges of blended learning and the threat of the COVID-19
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.