Life may be short and sorrows may cast a shadow over our days, but we believe in a sovereign Lord. This week, Ptr. Genesis Tan reveals a life-changing lesson from Moses: we can find life’s satisfaction in God if we return to Him.
You can also jump directly to the message of Ptr. Genesis on YouTube.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Start with a prayer, then use these questions to guide your discussion or reflection.
1. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Please share the last time you felt joyful and glad.
2. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage.
- What does the passage reveal about God?
- How did Moses describe man’s life?
- What does it mean to ‘number our days’?
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Has there been a time when you felt discouraged in life? Please share.
- Do you find joy and gladness in God? If yes, in what way? If no, what are the barriers? (Is there a sin that hinders to be joyful and glad in God?)
4. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Is there a decision you need to make in your current situation? How are you going to seek God for wisdom?
- What have you learned from the passage? What would you like to do with what you have learned?
5. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- People who are facing the effects of the pandemic to trust in God who intervenes.
- That the situation may turn people to seek God and embrace His salvation.
- Government leaders and private sectors who are making decisions as the situation unfolds.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.