To worship God is to encounter Him and no one encounters God without being transformed. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung helps us understand just what it truly means to worship our God and King.
Prefer to read the English translation of this message? Download The True Meaning of Worship (PDF).
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Start with a prayer, then use these questions to guide your discussion or reflection.
1. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- How are you the past week?
2. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What is your understanding of worship? What does worship look like for you?
- Read the passage. How did the psalmist worship God? What is the reason for his worship?
- The Israelites were already in Promised Land but how come they had not entered God’s rest?
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What/who is the object of your worship? Has there been a time that the object of your worship is not God? Please share.
- Share a time when you obeyed God’s voice.
4. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Knowing who God is and what Jesus has done on the Cross, how can you turn this into worshipping God?
- Is there anything God is telling you that you need to obey? Please share.
Spend time engaging God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- God’s mercy and grace to overcome the pandemic
- Wisdom for gov’t leaders and officials
- Provision for each family (physical, financial, spiritual, etc.)
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.