In just seven short verses, Psalm 110 extols both the kingship and priesthood of our Lord Jesus Christ. In this week’s message, Ptr. Genesis Tan explains how the eternal priesthood of Jesus is the key that grants us the privilege and the confidence to draw near to Him who is our great and mighty King. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. What is your greatest takeaway from this message?
2. The Lord is our Great and Mighty King. Read Ps. 110:1. How is ‘LORD’ different from ‘Lord’? Who is the Lord and why did David call Him ‘Lord’ (read Matt.1:1, 22:44-45, and 28:18)? What does ‘sit at My right hand’ mean (read Eph.1:20-23)?
3. How does this passage show His present rule (warning to His enemies; 2Thess.1:7b-10, Lk.14:31-32, Ps.2:12) and future reign (comfort to His people; Rev.19:11-16. Rev.21:4)? What does this mean for you? How does knowing His rule affect your worship of Him?
4. The Lord is our Gracious and Merciful Priest. Read Ps.110:4. What are the differences of Kings and Priests? Who is Melchizedek and how is he similar to Jesus (Heb.7:1-3)? In what ways is the Lord our gracious and merciful Priest (Heb.10:11-14, Heb.4:14-16, Heb.7:22-25)?
5. What does Jesus being the Lion and the Lamb mean to you? Whatever you are going through right now, Jesus is praying for you. Is there anything hindering you from drawing near to Him (a sin or a struggle)? How would you like to respond knowing Jesus sacrificed, understands and sympathizes with your weaknesses, and is praying for you?