When we are rooted in the word of God, we are more equipped to make the choices that He wants us to make. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to draw near to God by saying ‘no’ to the path of unrighteousness and saying ‘yes’ to truth. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. Read Psalm 1. What is your takeaway from the passage?
2. According to vv.1-2, what are the things we should say ‘no’ to? What should we say ‘yes’ to? Read 1 Peter 1:23, how does the Word of God impact our life? In v.3, what are the blessings of the righteous?
3. According to vv. 4-5, in what way is a wicked man’s life like chaff? What are the outcomes of the wicked man’s life? Read Ecclesiastes 11:9 and Hebrews 9:27, what do these say about judgment?
4. According to v.6, the Lord watches over the righteous. Which path do you choose? How does your will relate to your decisions?
5. What choices have you made in the past that have had effects/consequences in your life now? How would you like to respond to God’s message?