The most important function of our spirit is communion. The scriptures tell us, “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24) In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung teaches us how to train our spirits towards true communion with God and fellowship with other believers. Audio and video for this message are now available.
Matthew 5:8 / 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 / 1 John 1:5, 7 & 5:8
00:42 Scripture Reading
05:50 Recap: Three functions of our spirits
09:27 We worship God with our spirit; being religious is not worship
10:24 Two conditions for Communion with God
22:25 How do we exercise Communion with God?
49:04 A closed heart cannot have fellowship with God and men
Questions for Reflection
1. What is the best thing that you have learned from this message? Please share.
2. What are the two conditions for communion with God? Do you have these two conditions?
3. What does it mean to pray in the spirit and in the mind?
4. To have devotions is to commune with God. Please share how your devotional life is presently.
5. In worship and fellowship, not only must our body be involved but more so our spirit. Without involving our spirit, it will only be a religious activity. So how can we worship and fellowship in spirit? Please share.