Through the mystery of the Holy Spirit, God’s wisdom helps us understand the power of the Cross. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung continues to share how the Triune God works together to impart God’s wisdom to those who fervently seek and obey His will.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
林前 1 Corinthians 2:6-16
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share a time when you felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit, prompting you to acknowledge and repent of a specific sin. What caused it and how did you respond?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. Reflect on the fact that God, knowing man would sin, still gave free will. How does this showcase God’s love and sovereignty?
• How does Christ’s victory over death and the devil impact your understanding of suffering and success?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Does knowing about the unity of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit impact your relationships and interactions with others? Why or why not?
• Examine yourself: What is your idea of success? How has the victory of the Cross influenced your perspective on success and accomplishment, especially in the face of hardships?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Reflect on your own response to suffering and challenges. In what ways can you draw strength from the wisdom and victory of the Cross in your daily life?
• In what practical ways can you be more receptive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, both in conviction of sin and understanding of truth?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Thank God for the profound wisdom of the Cross, a wisdom that surpasses all human understanding. Praise Him for the salvation planned by a loving Father, even before the foundation of the world. Thank Him for His unwavering love that granted us free will, allowing us to choose His path of righteousness. Take the time to be in awe of the accomplished salvation through the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ, who willingly bore our sins. Lift your voices in praise, acknowledging the victory over the enemy and the profound love displayed on the Cross. Pray that your life be a continual expression of gratitude for the wisdom that has made us right with Him.
• Acknowledge your need for His mercy and grace. Ask for forgiveness for the times you have leaned on worldly wisdom, neglecting the profound truth of the Cross. Repent for moments of self-righteousness and blame, forgetting the conviction of your own sin. Ask the Holy Spirit to soften your heart and guide you into all truth. Request for help to recognize and repent of any areas in your life where you have strayed from His wisdom. May His convicting Spirit lead you to genuine repentance, turning away from your own ways and embracing the transformative power of the Cross.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.