God’s grace covers every aspect of our spiritual life. It was grace that led us to see that we needed a Savior, and it will likewise carry us through to perfection in Jesus Christ. Listen to Ptr. Jared Co this week as he examines how grace is first and last in our difficulty, identity, and destiny.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Cor 1:1-9
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share a recent encounter in which you experienced God’s faithfulness, even in moments of your unfaithfulness. How did this encourage you in your faith journey?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. Why would Paul gratefully state positive things in verses 4-9 when the Corinthian church had several unrepentant issues?
– Take this time to search more about the background of the city and church of Corinth. How does learning about Corinth’s background impact your understanding of today’s message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– How do you personally experience and express thanksgiving for the special grace in Christ? What internal and external factors hold you back from being constantly grateful?
– Reflect on the assurance of being declared guiltless in the judgment seat of God. How does this promise impact your outlook on the future and your eternal destiny?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– How does knowing that your identity is received, not achieved, affect your response to both successes and failures? In what specific ways can you shift your focus to receiving and embracing the identity you have in Christ?
– Share with your Life Group/family/community a practical step you plan to take so you can cultivate a lifestyle of constant thanksgiving. Encourage one another to embrace a grace-centered perspective in all circumstances.
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise God for He has covered us with the robe of Christ’s righteousness, for His name’s sake, and has promised to keep and sustain us through every season of our lives, until we stand in His presence and are presented to Him as blameless. Pray that God continues to enable you to finish the work He has given you to do, for His praise and glory.
– Ask the Heavenly Father to search you, to identify any area in your life that is not pleasing to Him. Pray that you live a godly life in Christ Jesus and in submissive obedience to the Holy Spirit so that you may fulfill all that He has in store for you. Repent for the times you’ve resisted to make or take the opportunities He has given you. Praise Him that He is faithful even when we are faithless and that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.