Shortly before he was martyred in Rome, the Apostle Peter wrote his letter in 2 Peter. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shares the Apostle’s final exhortations and warnings to fellow believers, urging us to live faithfully in this Pilgrim’s Life.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼後 2 Peter 3:14-18
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share a specific moment this week when you felt challenged to make every effort about your faith. How did you respond? What did you learn from the experience?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. How does Peter view Paul’s writings? Why is it important? (vv.15-16)
• How does growing in grace and knowledge contribute to a believer’s holistic growth (v.18)?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Examine yourself: How much do you respect the authority of God’s word in your daily life? Identify what habits or practices distort your reverence for the Bible.
• Be honest: Since the previous messages on false teachings, have you made progress in protecting yourself against them? What encourages and inhibits you?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• In what ways is God asking you to pursue holiness, excellence in character, and peace with the Lord while living out your faith in Christ?
• What specific steps can you take to experience and receive God’s grace and knowledge more fully?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise God for the amazing grace He has poured out on us. Thank Him for the glorious reality that Christ died for us, was buried, and rose again so that all who believe in Him might not perish but have everlasting life. Pray that you respond to this by growing in grace, day after day, for His honor and glory. Also ask for the diligence to guard your heart and keep your eyes looking to Jesus.
• Thank God that He is a good and long-suffering God, and that it is not His will that any should perish but that all sinners should come to repentance. In the limited time we have left, pray that many sinners would repent of their sins and turn to Christ for forgiveness.
• God has given us all we need to live godly lives and to understand the times in which we live. Pray that God gives you greater insight into those Bible passages that may be confusing and prone to distortion by others. Pray that you would not be swept along by false teachings but become increasingly grounded on the Word of Truth, walking with Jesus daily until He returns.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.