We devote a lot of time and effort trying to find the best gifts we can give our loved ones at this time of year. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reveals the most valuable gift we can give anyone this Christmas.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Reflect on a time when you felt lost or distant from God. How did you experience God seeking and waiting on you?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the chapter. Identify the similarities and differences between the three parables in Luke 15. How do they collectively paint a picture of God’s relentless pursuit of the lost?
• How does knowing that salvation is only through Jesus impact your view of Christianity in a world that often embraces various paths to spirituality?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• How can you guard against self-righteousness in your own life and community?
• Examine yourself: In what ways do you relate to the prodigal son? Reflect if there are any areas in your life where you have been hesitant or resistant to return to God.
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• After reflecting on those areas you have been hesitant or resistant, what steps can you take to respond to God’s invitation to return to Him?
• How can you personally engage in conversations about Jesus with people who may not be aware of their need for Him? What aspects of the parables can guide your approach to sharing the Gospel effectively, with love and respect?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise the Heavenly Father for giving us the most precious gift, the reason for this season, Jesus Christ. Thank God for sending His Son to seek and save the lost and for doing it all on the cross. Reflect on who you were and where you were before knowing Christ. Then, praise Him for His relentless love and grace that pursued you even when you were lost.
• Continue to reflect on the parables of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the lost son. Let them reveal to you the areas in your life where you may have strayed or become self-righteous. Turn back to God and acknowledge your need for His forgiveness and mercy.
• Lift up those in your community who are still lost, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Ask God to give you a heart for the lost, just as He does, and empower you to share the message of Jesus with love and compassion. Pray for open doors for conversations that lead to the revelation of Jesus as the way, the truth, and the life.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.