False teachers, wars, rumors of wars, and increasing ungodliness are all signs that the Lord’s Coming is imminent. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung uses the last chapter of 2nd Peter to show us why we must be repentant, sober-minded, and ready for the Lord’s return.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼後 2 Peter 3:1-13
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Think of a recent time you needed to be patient. Looking back, how did waiting help you grow as a Christian during that time?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What do verses 8-9 show us about God’s character?
• Look through the Bible for examples that show how people may need to wait a long time (by our standards) for God to fulfill His plans. What principles can you glean from these examples and the passage?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Examine yourself: How does knowing that the earth is temporary affect how you live in it today?
• Be honest: Does the knowledge of Christ’s second coming comfort you? Does it impact your prayer life? Reflect on what the motivations and hurdles in your head and heart are.
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• In what specific ways can you cultivate a mindset of anticipation while actively engaging the world?
• How can you personally contribute to fulfilling this mission of speeding God’s return in your community and beyond?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise God for He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is longsuffering toward us even if we fall into sin time and time again. Repent for those moments you have failed to obey and honor Him. Ask for the same patience as we expectantly wait for His return, knowing that His timing is always perfect.
• Thank Him for the many reminders in Scripture to hold fast to the truth of His Word. Ask God to help you to continuously meditate on the fact that He is our great and mighty Creator Who spoke the world into being and fashioned us in His own image. Despite humankind’s sinfulness, He purposed to redeem us by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. As the day of His return draws ever closer and so many are choosing to remain ignorant of the things of God, pray that in His grace, He would convict many of their need of Christ and restore hope to those who are lost.
• Ask God to help you see the unsaved world through His eyes of love, that He desires for all to be saved. Request for the hunger and follow through to spread His saving gospel of grace to a lost world, and that they may come to faith in Him while there is still time.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.