False teachers use their eloquence, performance, and charisma to deceive believers with their false messages. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung highlights the importance and value of knowing the Truth in God’s word so we can discern whether or not someone’s preaching is true.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼後 2 Peter 1:12-21
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share examples from your life (or the lives of others) wherein realizing the fleeting nature of human life led to a deeper reliance on God and His Word.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. Why did Peter know that what he taught about Jesus was true? (vv.16-18) What makes his first hand eyewitness experience important?
• If someone were to ask you why you believe that the Bible is the Truth and God’s Word, what would you say? What basic reasons would you give to prove the reliability and authority of Scripture? (vv.20-21)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• How does the concept of a fleeting life and the enduring nature of God’s Word impact your perspective on what you should prioritize in your daily life?
• How does the idea that God’s Word illuminates our hearts in the midst of a darkening world resonate with your struggles and challenges? Identify what encourages and hinders you from actively seeking the light of God’s Word in times of darkness.
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Consider instances where you might have allowed personal experiences and opinions to overshadow the truths found in God’s Word. In what specific ways can you redirect your focus to ensure that your faith remains grounded in the unchanging Word of God?
• Discuss and plan with your Life Group/community how you can collectively foster an environment where the study, application, and reverence of God’s Word take precedence over worldly things. You can include this as part of your Faith Goals for 2024.
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• As you read through God’s Word, take the time to praise and thank Him for the wonderful truths that it contains and how it is a light to our paths. Thank God for the many reminders of who we are now in Christ. Express your gratitude for you are not only identified with Christ in His death, for the forgiveness of sin, but also with His resurrection and life everlasting.
• Knowing these truths, pray that you would remain steadfast in living out a Christ-like conduct that glorifies Him in this temporal and broken world. Ask God to help you show forth the love of Christ through word and deed to all those you may meet. Repent for the instances you failed to make or take the opportunities He has provided to be a Christian testimony. Pray that you prepare yourself to meet Him, knowing that Christ’s return for His Church is imminent.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.