How can Christians defend themselves against the deceptive teachings of false teachers? This week, Rev. Genesis Tan explains the importance of growing in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. When we know the truth, we can fight the lies and errors of false teachers through the Word of God.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
2 Peter 1:12-21
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Consider the warning about false teachers and the potential dangers they pose to believers. In what ways have you personally encountered or observed the influence of false teachings within your community or broader culture?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. Why did Peter know that what he taught about Jesus was true? (vv.16-18) What makes his first hand eyewitness experience important?
– If someone were to ask you why you believe that the Bible is the Truth and God’s Word, what would you say? What basic reasons would you give to prove the reliability and authority of Scripture? (vv.20-21)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– How has busyness and distraction affected your ability to remember and apply the truths of God’s Word in your daily life? Reflect on specific instances where these may have hindered your spiritual growth.
– How does the idea that God’s Word illuminates our hearts in the midst of a darkening world resonate with your struggles and challenges? Identify what encourages and hinders you from actively seeking the light of God’s Word in times of darkness.
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– Evaluate your current level of conviction about the authority of the Bible in your life. What steps can you take to deepen this conviction and align your decisions, stances on ethical issues, and beliefs more closely with the truths found in God’s Word?
– Discuss and plan with your Life Group/community how you can collectively foster an environment where the study, application, and reverence of God’s Word take precedence over worldly things. You can include this as part of your Faith Goals for 2024.
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– As you read through God’s Word, take the time to praise and thank Him for the wonderful truths that it contains and how it is a light to our paths. Thank God for the many reminders of who we are now in Christ. Express your gratitude for you are not only identified with Christ in His death, for the forgiveness of sin, but also with His resurrection and life everlasting.
– Knowing these truths, pray that you would remain steadfast in living out a Christ-like conduct that glorifies Him in this temporal and broken world. Ask God to help you show forth the love of Christ through word and deed to all those you may meet. Repent for the instances you failed to make or take the opportunities He has provided to be a Christian testimony. Pray that you prepare yourself to meet Him, knowing that Christ’s return for His Church is imminent.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.