False teachers abound in today’s church, teaching a different gospel that leads believers astray. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds us of the need to know and understand God’s word so we can remain in His truth as we walk the Pilgrim’s path.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼後 2 Peter 1:1-11
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share your spiritual journey from the beginning until now. Describe the moments you doubted your assurance of salvation in Christ. What caused these doubts? What helped you address them?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What does verse 3 tell us about the source of living a godly and successful life?
• If God has already granted us everything we need for a successful spiritual life, how does making “every effort” fit into the equation? What is God’s work and our work?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Take a moment to reflect on the fact that eternal life is not earned through good works but is a result of knowing Christ. How does this Truth change the way you approach your relationship with God and your spiritual journey?
• Examine yourself: Do you possess the qualities mentioned by Peter in increasing measure (vv.5-8)? Identify the areas you need intentional effort to grow as well as what may encourage and hinder you in this process.
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Choose one of the qualities mentioned in verses 5-7 (faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly love) and identify specific actions you can take to cultivate and strengthen that quality in your life.
• Reflect on the balance between internal transformation and external manifestation mentioned in the message. In what ways can you ensure that your spiritual growth internally is reflected in your relationships and interactions with others?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise God that He did not leave us condemned sinners. Thank Christ that by faith, we can be born again into His family and become God’s children. Revere Him for His grace, mercy, comfort, and peace—that He has given us all we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Jesus.
• Pray that you may grow in grace and manifest all the Christ-like characteristics that God desires of all His children. Ask for the continuous desire to live a godly life that produces spiritual fruit that honors God. Request for diligence and discipline in your Christian walk—that you will not rely on your abilities but rather trust in the power of the Holy Spirit working in you. Repent and reflect on the times that you have failed to do so.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.