The collective faith of a supportive church helps believers endure life’s trials. This week, Ptr. Allan Rillera reminds us that we are better equipped to stand firm in faith when we are part of an active, faith-based community that helps one another.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Peter 5:5-11
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Describe a responsibility that you currently hold. How did you know that this was your responsibility? How often do you do it? What usually hinders you from doing it? What are the consequences of not fulfilling this responsibility?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. Because of the Enemy’s plans, what attitude should Christians have (v.8)? What should a Christian know that would help him/her endure suffering and respond to the Enemy (v.9)?
– When you became a believer, what responsibilities did you expect to have? How does today’s message impact how you understand your responsibilities as a believer?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Examine yourself: What worries do you have that you need to take to God?
– Be honest: How connected are you with the family of believers throughout the world (Christians from local/global churches)? (Note for leaders: Challenge your group to look beyond themselves and have urgency and sensitivity. This can be beyond financial provision and prayer.)
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– What specific ways can you humble yourself before God and towards people?
– Look back: What strategies of the Enemy work best against you? List practical things you can do to be alert and resist the Enemy so that you can be ready in times of temptation with the help of the Lord.
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise and thank Christ for suffering on the Cross, paying the price for our sins once and for all—and thus, breaking the power of sin and Satan in our lives. He is the true example of humility. Ask that God may continue to sanctify and establish you as you carry out all that He has entrusted to you, not because you have to but because it is the desire of your heart to love and serve Him with all your heart, soul, and mind.
– Request for the strength to be self-controlled, willing to serve, firm in faith, and humble of heart. Ask for help to be alert and strength to resist the Enemy.
– Repent for the times that you have depended on your own sufficiency and capabilities and tried to work out your problems and future on your own. Thank God that we are able to cast all the hurts, disappointments, and worries that flood us, and that we may draw on His strength today and for the days ahead.
– Pray for your brothers and sisters in Christ around the world who are going through different or the same types of trials and difficulties that you are facing.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.