Where can today’s church leaders find guidance as they lead the church? This week, Ptr. Jared Co highlights role models we can emulate as we shepherd the church God has called us to lead.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Peter 5:1-4
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Describe a first-hand experience of a church leader fulfilling his/her responsibilities and how you were impacted by it.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. What are three right and three wrong attitudes in shepherding a flock (vv.2-3)?
– How do the responsibilities of church leaders differ from the reasons and methods of leaders in the world?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Take a moment to reflect on your motivations for serving in any capacity within and outside the church. Are they rooted in a willing heart and love for the people, or are there selfish motives that need to be addressed?
– Be honest: How does knowing Christ, the Chief Shepherd, will return affect the way you carry out your responsibilities?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– How can you practically incorporate the concept of watching over the flock, both in terms of discernment and Truth, into your personal leadership style or responsibilities?
– In what specific ways can you, as an individual, contribute to the shepherding and caring aspects within your church community?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise the Heavenly Father for providing clear instructions to church leaders on feeding the flock with sound doctrine and taking the responsibility to nurture fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank Him for the faithful shepherds who care for CBCP. Pray that they continue having a posture of humility and reliance on the Lord in their public and private lives so that they may be a godly example to those in their care.
– Pray that all believers grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord throughout their Christian lives. Humbly request from God the discernment and courage to use your spiritual gifts to minister to those around you.
– Ask God for opportunities to shepherd others and to give you the desire to humbly learn from church leaders. Repent for the times you have pridefully resisted feedback.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.