現在世界最流行的神學是成功神學, 他打開電視那些出名的講員, 很多都是在傳講成功神學, 信主後神怎樣的祝福, 身體怎樣的健康, 經濟怎樣的豐富, 如果我們的神只是賜福的神, 請問這與中國人所拜的福祿壽又有什麼不同呢? 你們不要誤會我的意思, 我們的神可以賜福祿壽給我們, 但祂也是降災難的神。我們的神是絕對不會隨便降災禍的, 但當人犯罪後, 罪進入了世界, 苦難也臨到了全地; 苦難是不可能避免的, 作為基督徒, 我們面對苦難的態度是什麼呢?
Churches that embrace the prosperity gospel and focus solely on God’s blessings tend to forget that suffering is also a very real part of the Christian life in this fallen world. Listen to Rev. Jeremiah Cheung this week as he urges us to change our attitude about suffering so we can follow God wholeheartedly in both good and bad times.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼前 1 Peter 4:12-19
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Describe a time when you experienced a “blessing in disguise”. How long did it take you to realize that it was a blessing?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What is the connection between suffering and the will of God?
• What specific characteristics of God does Peter highlight so that believers will trust in Him through suffering (v.19)?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Be honest: Do you consider it a blessing when you are mocked, criticized, or placed at a disadvantage in your workplace, family, or friend group because of your faith in Christ? – What can help you in forming a God-honoring attitude?
• Examine yourself: Have you ever been ashamed about your faith in Christ? What kind of words do you say or actions do you do right now that might show to others that you are?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Which of the four attitudes is God asking you to focus on working on right now? What concrete steps can you take to embody this attitude?
• What is one area/situation where you can stand and be unashamed for Christ where previously maybe no one even knew you were a follower of Christ?
• What are some practical ways you can do starting this week so you can better minister to someone who is suffering for Christ?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise God that Christ has done it all for us. In Him, we have eternal life and security, no matter what we may suffer through in this life. Pray that those who mock and abuse you for your faith may be convicted of their sin and come to saving faith in Christ Jesus.
• Acknowledge that there may be a part of you that desires an easy, trouble-free life. Meditate on today’s passage and be reminded that this life is a training ground to draw us closer to God and be conformed to His likeness daily. Hold on to God’s grace as it is sufficient in everything you will face so that you may bring honor and glory to His Name.
• Ask God to make you bold and unashamed of your faith. Repent for the times you have failed to do so and acted un-Christlike in your decisions and lifestyle. Ask God to use you in this sin-sick world to love and comfort others with the same love and comfort that you received from Him.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.