While the Christian life is blessed, suffering is an unavoidable reality when we live in a world that views life very differently. This week, Ptr. Jared Co urges us to rethink our view of suffering and prepare ourselves to imitate Christ as we face many trials as pilgrims in this world.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Peter 4:1-11
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share a recent experience wherein you were peer pressured into doing something.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. What is the goal/purpose of a Christian’s life (v.2)?
– How should believers respond to their knowledge of “the end” (v.7)?
– What is the goal of Christians using their gifts properly (v.11)?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Be honest: Are you living for yourself or for God? What makes you say so?
– How do you respond when friends or co-workers pull you in to join their worldly activities/lifestyles? What contributed to you having this kind of response?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– From the three examples of how our former lives are transformed when we give our lives to God, where are you struggling? What is God asking you to do so that your outer transformation flows from your inner worship?
– Jesus was absolutely prepared to do whatever it takes to live for God. Are you prepared? In what specific ways can you better prepare yourself?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise God for the wonderful example of Jesus—He came to earth to identify with our sins and suffered in the flesh on our account so that we might be saved by faith in His sacrificial work on the Cross. Pray that you may develop the same resolve to pursue and live a holy and obedient life, knowing that He has not only paid for the penalty of your sin but has also broken the power of sin in your life.
– Repent for the times that you engaged in thoughts and activities that were not God-honoring. Request help from God in resisting the devil as you abstain from all forms of worldly pursuits and evil desires that would hinder your spiritual growth and testimony.
– Ask God to give you a heart for the lost, courage to share His Word, and compassion toward others—especially to those who may persecute you for your faith and lifestyle choices. Pray that you may diligently use the gifts that He has entrusted you with for His glory.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.