當我們重生得救後, 神生命的種子已經在我們裡面, 靠著聖靈的幫助, 我們能結出聖靈的果子, 那是我們美好的品行, 這是生命的改變。主耶穌說: 你們是世上的光, 世上的鹽, 光照在人前叫他們看見我們的好行為, 將榮耀歸給我們在天上的父。面對複雜的人際關係, 面對苦難的世界, 我們當有好行為顯在人前; 我們得救不是因為有好行為, 但得救後卻要有好行為, 好行為是得救的果不是得救的因。
As pilgrims, we are called to bear the fruit of the Spirit. Listen to Rev. Jeremiah Cheung this week as he urges us to be the salt and light of the world even as we navigate complex interpersonal relationships in a suffering world.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼前 1 Peter 3:8-22
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Describe a recent argument you had with someone and how you resolved it.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What is the relationship between this passage and the previous ones (Chapter 2 and 3:1-7)?
• What psalm does Peter quote in this section (vv.10-12)? What is this psalm’s relevance to the passage?
• Instead of being afraid, what should Christians do when they suffer (vv.14-15)?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Be honest: How would you rate your loving humility toward your family? Toward your church? Toward the non-believing community?
• Examine your heart: What makes you fearful about suffering? What hinders you from feeling hopeful?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Which of the principles for interpersonal relationships do you need to work on more starting this week? What practical steps will you take to make sure that this change is sustained?
• Which of the principles for overcoming difficulties do you need to remember more starting this week? What practical steps will you take to make sure that you embrace this principle even through challenging times?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise God that even if we experience trials and tribulations as His children, He has ultimately overcome the world. Pray for courage and faith as you continue to glorify Him in thought, word, and deed in whatever circumstance. Ask God to help you turn from evil, do good, and seek peace, all the days of your life.
• Pray for the desire and commitment to embrace compassion, humility, and love so that you may be an example of a godly believer and give glory to His Name. Repent for the times you have failed to do so.
• Request God to guard your heart and guide your speech. Ask for wisdom and gentleness when answering questions and sharing about your faith in Christ.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.