我們的身份是君尊的祭司, 是聖潔的國度, 是屬神的子民; 我們的責任是要宣揚那位召我們出黑暗入光明者的美德。But how? 2:13-3:7告訴我們一個很重要的方法 – 順服。2:13-17順服政府; 2:18-20順服主人; 3:1-7順服丈夫。今天我要講妻子當怎樣順服丈夫, 丈夫又當怎樣對待妻子, 夫妻相處之道。
We are called to proclaim God’s goodness through our obedience to Him and the people in authority. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung focuses on obedience within the family, specifically between husband and wife.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼前 1 Peter 3:1-7
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Think of a couple whose marriage you admire. Share what you think makes their marriage work and thrive.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. Why does Peter use the phrase “likewise” or “in the same way” (vv.1, 7)?
• What does it mean for wives to be subject to their husbands? In what ways is this similar or different from the previous chapter, which commands servants to submit to masters (2:13-17) and all of us to submit to authorities/governments (2:18-20)?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Examine yourself: How does your private and public behavior exhibit a submissive or unsubmissive heart?
• Be honest: Have you ever viewed women/wives as inferior to men/husbands? What do you think contributed to your current perspective on the individual and collective value of both men and women?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• For wives: Which of the three characteristics of a submissive wife do you need to focus on working on? What concrete steps is God asking you to take?
• For husbands: What will you commit to doing or changing starting this week so that your wife will feel your consideration and desire to keep learning about her?
• For all: Identify at least two other examples in the Bible of men and women who exercised submission. How does God want you to apply what you have learned from them and this passage?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise our Heavenly Father for the way He ordained marriage and implemented the governance of the individual home with a pattern of loving order. Pray that Christian couples will be ready and willing to follow Scripture’s clear instructions on how to live out their God-given roles.
• Pray for Christians who are married to non-believers. May they lean on God to live a holy and attractive life so that their partners can come into saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
• Thank the Lord for the relevant lessons we can learn from His Word and His people. Ask God to help you not be swayed by the vanity and desires of the world and stand by His teachings—and in doing so, reflect Christ in all you say and do.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.