When God is our guide, our lives as pilgrims impact everyone around us. Ptr. Nathan Tee urges us to be conscious of our role as stewards of God’s goodness and to live out our marriages according to God’s design.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Peter 3:1-7
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Think of a couple whose marriage you admire. Share what you think makes their marriage work and thrive.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. Why does Peter use the phrase “likewise” or “in the same way” (vv.1, 7)?
– What does it mean for wives to be subject to their husbands? In what ways is this similar or different from the previous chapter, which commands servants to submit to masters (2:13-17) and all of us to submit to authorities/governments (2:18-20)?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Examine yourself: How does your private and public behavior exhibit a submissive or unsubmissive heart?
– Be honest: Have you ever viewed women/wives as inferior to men/husbands? What do you think contributed to your current perspective on the individual and collective value of both men and women?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– For wives: What concrete steps is God asking you to take in order to behave more like Christ and focus on inward beauty?
– For husbands: What will you commit to doing or changing starting this week so that you can live understandingly with your wife?
– For all: Identify at least two other examples in the Bible of men and women who exercised submission. How does God want you to apply what you have learned from them and this passage?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise our Heavenly Father for the way He ordained marriage and implemented the governance of the individual home with a pattern of loving order. Pray that Christian couples will be ready and willing to follow Scripture’s clear instructions on how to live out their God-given roles.
– Pray for Christians who are married to non-believers. May they lean on God to live a holy and attractive life so that their partners can come into saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
– Thank the Lord for the relevant lessons we can learn from His Word and His people. Ask God to help you not be swayed by the vanity and desires of the world and stand by His teachings—and in doing so, reflect Christ in all you say and do.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.