當我們成為了天路客後, 我們的身份改變了, 我們是靈宮的活石, 我們是聖潔的祭司, 我們是地上的客旅。我們有一個很重要的責任, 我們要宣揚那位召我們出黑暗入光明者的美德。但怎樣? 從 2:13-3:7提出一個很重要的原則 – 順服。2:13-17順服政府; 2:18-20順服主人; 2:21-25基督順服的榜樣; 3:1-7順服丈夫。這是一個三明治的結構, 順服政府順服主人是第一片麵包, 順服丈夫是二片麵包, 基督順服的榜樣是中間那片肉。順服是很困難的, 基督為我們留下榜樣使我們可以跟隨祂的腳蹤去行。
Our new identity as Christian pilgrims comes with the responsibility to proclaim His goodness. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shares how we can show God’s goodness to this fallen world by following Christ’s example of submission and obedience.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Peter 2:13-25
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Think of a fellow believer you greatly admire. Share why you admire him/her and what values, attitudes, and actions he/she has that you would like to emulate.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What does it mean to submit? What is the difference (if any) between submitting and obeying?
• What does Peter say pleases the Lord (vv.19-20)? Why do you think this pleases Him?
• What reasons does Peter give for Jesus dying on the cross (v.24)? Answer this as if you’re explaining it to a non-believer.
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• In what ways have you experienced a “master” who seems unreasonable? How do your past responses compare to how Peter calls you to live?
• What specific truths from this passage do you think would help you most when you are tempted not to submit? How does your view of God affect your submission to “masters”?
• Examine your heart. How do you tend to react when others hurt you? What tempts you to retaliate?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Peter refers to Jesus as our Savior and example. What values, attitudes, and actions did Jesus exhibit? What can you do to make these apparent in your life?
• What concrete steps can you take to fight against the urge to get back at those who treat you unfairly and forgive those who have hurt you deeply?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Express your gratitude to Jesus Christ for not only dying on the cross and breaking the power of sin in our lives, but for also giving us the perfect example of how to live a godly life that is pleasing to God. Pray that you may live a life that is a clear testimony of His grace and love to anyone you may encounter.
• Acknowledge that there may be a part inside of you that does not want to suffer. Pray that in whatever highs or lows you may experience in life, however great or small, you surrender your life into God’s hands. Ask God to help you remember His promises and His wonderful character in His Word as you abide, submit, and endure. Thank the Lord that His grace is sufficient through whatever unjustifiable suffering and persecution you may have to face.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.