當我們成為基督徒後會有很多不同的身份, 神的兒女, 主的門徒, 聖徒, 世上的光, 世上的鹽, 但這些都只是地位上的改變, 只有成熟的生命才能活出我們身份真實的意思; 彼得前書 2:4-12告訴我們成為天客路後, 我們有三個特別的身份: 1.靈宮的活石 2.聖潔的祭司 3.地上的客旅, 每一個身份都有它的特點與責任。
We take on many different roles in family, church, work, and society. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung exhorts us to pay attention to three special identities we must take on as Christ’s followers because each one comes with its own characteristics and responsibilities.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1 Peter 2:1-12
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• If a stranger asks you to “tell me more about yourself,” what would you say? (Note for leaders: Take notice of what they associate as part of their identity—e.g. career, roles and responsibilities, past experiences, goals, achievements, personality traits)
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. Why is Jesus referred to as a Living Stone? (v4)
• How are we as believers considered living stones? (vv.4-5) And in what way are we priests? (vv.9-10) What do you think are the sacrifices we can offer that are pleasing to God?
• In what ways are we aliens/pilgrims? (vv.11-12) Where else did we see this in 1 Peter? Why do you think Peter stresses this?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Examine your heart. How often do you go through a week without reading or studying your Bible? Do you think you “long for the milk” of God’s Word? (v2) What are the root causes and roadblocks that keep you from desiring the Word as you should?
• A good stone fits well with the foundation and with the other stones. What are the current challenges you have with Jesus or other believers that God is asking you to deal with?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• How are you facing a battle between your old and new self? Identify specific steps and a strategy to overcome and win.
• Peter uses collective imagery: We are living stones, His chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and God’s special possession. In what concrete ways can you contribute to the church to reflect these? (Note for leaders: make sure that your members do not just settle with surface-level behavior change)
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Thank the Lord Jesus for being willing to come to earth and be despised and rejected for our sake, so that by faith in Him, we might be a member of His Body and a living stone that is being built into a holy Temple for His glory—for without Him, nothing could be built. Ask Him to help you live your life in a way that honors Him.
• Praise the Lord for the blessing to be a member of the holy priesthood and thus, we are able to come boldly in His presence to offer our sacrifices of praise and humbly lay our petitions before His throne of grace.
• Ask God to give you the thirst for the pure milk of His Word so that you may grow in grace, mature in faith, and become increasingly conformed into the image and likeness of Jesus Christ.
• Request from the Holy Spirit to help you remember that this world is not your home. Ask Him for help to be a faithful witness to God in mind, body, soul, and spirit by resisting temptations of the flesh and threats of the Enemy. And in doing so, you may walk worthy before Him all days of your life.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.