彼前 1:3-12告訴我們已經有了寶貴的救恩, 這個救恩使我們有活潑的盼望, 天上的基業與滿有榮光的大喜樂。V13 所以這個字是回應 V1-12的內容我們當怎樣回應呢? 答案是要活出我們的救恩。彼前1:14-25提到三種的心, 聖潔的心, 敬畏的心與相愛的心, 這三種的心要活出三種的生活, 聖潔的生活, 敬畏的生活與彼此相愛的生活。活出你的救恩就是要活出: 1.聖潔的生活2.敬畏神的生活3. 彼此相愛的生活。
Now that we have received salvation, how should we respond? This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to live out our salvation by being holy, God-fearing, and loving; by so doing, we reflect the living hope that we now possess.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
彼前 1 Peter 1:13-25
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share how your life was before you became a Christian. How is it different now? How is your spiritual life different from 5 or 10 years ago?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What is the “therefore” there for in verse 13?
• Define holiness. From this definition, how would you describe a “holy” Christian life? How does a holy life differ from a worldly life (both inward and outward)?
• What does this passage teach us about God’s character?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Examine your heart. What hinders you from living a God-fearing life?
• Do you believe that God’s word is alive and able to transform? What roadblocks are present in your head, heart, or hands?
• Look back on the past months. Did you show love or care for others conditionally or unconditionally?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• Is it possible to stop conforming to the world’s beliefs, standards, and habits? How will you do so? (Note for leaders: make sure that your members do not just settle with surface-level behavior change)
• In what concrete ways can you exhibit being a loving disciple of Christ?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Reflect on the times you trivialized or took Christ’s grace for granted. Take the time to express your gratitude for the price that Christ paid to redeem us so that we can spend eternity with Him.
• Ask God to help you live your life with a pure heart, a reverent fear of the Lord, and sincere love for one another. Pray to be holy as He is holy, living a life honoring to Him in thought, word, and deed.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.