CBCP不會成為一間完全的教會, 我們與其他人一定會發現cbcp有很多問題的地方, 不好的地方, 因為我們這些作領袖的不完全, 會友也不完全, 怎可能成為一間完全的教會呢? 但我們可以成為一間健康的教會, 我們要繼續成為一間越來越健康的教會。同樣的, 沒有一位父親是完全的, 因為沒有一個人是完全的, 但我們卻可以成為健康的好父親。 但我們怎樣才能成為一位健康的好父親呢?
While no human parent is perfect, a good father strives to make a lasting impact on his children’s lives. Listen to Rev. Jeremiah Cheung this week as he encourages dads to abide in our perfect Heavenly Father and learn how to become healthy, good fathers.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Matthew 7:9-11 | Hebrews 12:10 |1 Cor 15:10
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share a perspective or value that you and your father (or father figure) do not agree on. How do you reconcile your differences?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• What did you learn about your father (or yourself) through the message?
• What did you learn about our Heavenly Father through the message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• For fathers: Examine your heart. Do you rely on God’s grace or your own capabilities to be a good father? What do you think is the reason behind this?
• For all: How are you allowing God to continuously transform you?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• For all: What is God asking you to surrender unto His hands? How will you do your part and allow Him to do His?
• For fathers: List down some instances wherein you were not able to exhibit being a good father (e.g. favoritism, being absent physically/emotionally, teaching wrong values). Identify concrete ways to avoid these from recurring.
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise our Good, Heavenly Father for disciplining us with our ultimate benefit in mind
• For fathers: From the list you’ve created, repent and surrender these to the Lord. Ask God to help you follow through your commitments.
• For all: Request God to open your heart and forgive your father (or father figures) for the times they have failed to be the good father God wants them to be.
– Pray that fathers everywhere will be aligned with how God designed fatherhood and discipline, doing so not by their own might but by God’s power
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.