意志是個人內心的渴望與行動。當我們將內心的渴望變成為真正的行動, 這才是真正有意志力的人。什麼是意志的決定? 最簡單的解釋就是《我願意》; 這是一個很簡單的承諾, 但也是一個信心的行動。當我們成為了父親後, 我們對孩子又有什麼渴望? 我們為這個渴望付出了多少的行動?
What should be our ultimate desire for our children as fathers? Listen to Rev. Jeremiah Cheung this week as he urges fathers to direct their children towards Christ in an act of conscious will, faith, and commitment.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Matthew 16:26 | John 17:3 | Eph 1:7, 6:1 | Col 1:14 | Deut 6:6-8 | 2 Tim 4:3-4 | Exodus 20:6
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share a recent instance you expressed that you are willing. Did you follow through on this promise with an action?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• What did you learn about your father (or yourself) through the message?
• What did you learn about our Heavenly Father through the message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• For fathers: Examine your heart. Do you believe that your most important responsibility as a father is to let your children know about God’s saving grace? How have you been fulfilling this role?
• For all: How have you allowed God’s Word to transform and change your values?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• For fathers: How will you be a better role model to your children when it comes to being transformed and obedient to the Lord?
• For all: What needs to change in your life so that you can be a person with willpower and commitment to God?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Praise our Heavenly Father as He is both able and willing to care, teach, and provide for us
• For fathers: Repent for the instances you neglected your personal intimacy with the Lord and thus impacted how you lead your family
• Pray that fathers will uphold their God-given responsibility, intentionally teach their children about God’s love and grace, and model living a transformative, obedient life.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.