As fathers, our ultimate goal should be to see the cross of Christ in the lives of our children. Listen to Ptr. Renz Raquion this week as he encourages fathers to be intentional in instructing their children to abide in Christ so that the Gospel can be seen in their lives.
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage with one another (15-30 mins)
– Based on how your father brought you up, what do you perceive is your father’s primary contribution to your family?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– What did you learn about your father (or yourself) through the message?
– What did you learn about our Heavenly Father through the message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– For fathers: Examine your heart. Are you too focused on financially providing for your family rather than sharing God’s saving grace with them? What do you think are the root causes and hurdles preventing you to fulfill your God-given, primary contribution?
– For all: Is your life shaped and directed by a heartfelt desire for the glory of God? What do you think is holding you back from further being shaped and directed by this desire?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– For fathers: What concrete steps do you need to take in order to better cultivate an environment wherein your children can accept the Cross and its claims?
– For all: What is the underlying “why” behind the “what” of your actions? What needs to change in your mindset or attitude so that your life can be further aligned with God’s whys and ways?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise our Heavenly Father for sending His Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins on the Cross and for giving us the gracious opportunity to have a relationship with Him amidst our shortcomings
– For fathers: Repent for the instances you neglected your personal intimacy with the Lord and thus impacted how you lead your family
– For all: What sins need to be addressed and confessed? Reflect and personalize what Christ has done for you and repent for these sins. You are forgiven in Christ Jesus.
– Pray that fathers will uphold their God-given responsibility, intentionally teach their children about God’s love and grace, and model living a transformative, obedient life
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.