Can fathers exercise their authority within the family however they want? Listen to Ptr. Nathan Tee this week as he admonishes fathers to recognize that God is the source of their authority. May all fathers submit to His design and plans by following His example to become faithful stewards of the families God has blessed them with.
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share how your father (or father figures) asserted his authority in your family. In what ways did he put his authority into good use?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– What did you learn about your father (or yourself) through the message?
– What did you learn about our Heavenly Father through the message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– For fathers: Examine your heart. Are you willing to yield to what God plans to do with your children? How are you exhibiting your submission to the Lord?
– For all: How are you submitting to God’s authority over your life?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– For fathers: How will you be intentional in spending time with your children this week so you can better shepherd, protect, and direct them?
– For non-fathers: In what ways can you support your father (or father figures) in their efforts to be more intentional?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise our Heavenly Father as He is holy and just. We can trust that He will never abuse His authority.
– For fathers: Repent for the instances you did not use your God-give authority to shepherd, protect, and direct your children, as well as the times you’ve tried to play God in their lives
– For non-fathers: Ask God to help you heal, forgive, and possibly reconcile with your father (or father figures) who may have abused his authority in the home
– Pray that fathers will exercise and model submission to God’s authority and let Christ be the center of their homes
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.