Fathering God’s Way begins with the right orientation and perspective about our identity and responsibility according to God’s design and purpose. This week, Rev. Genesis Tan urges fathers everywhere to realize our calling as fathers and to raise our children according to God’s blueprint.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
2 Corinthians 5:14-21 / Psalm 127:3
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share how your father (or father figures) raised you. What stood out from his way of parenting?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– What did you learn about your father (or yourself) through the message?
– What did you learn about our Heavenly Father through the message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– For parents: Do you recognize you limits as a parent? What are the instances wherein you wanted to take the reins and change your children?
– For all: Examine your heart. Do you value what God values most?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– For fathers: Which of the three ways of helping your children be reconciled to God do you need to focus on? a) talk to them about God’s greatness and goodness, (b) teach them Scripture, (c) tell them about God’s message of reconciliation. Provide concrete steps you will take this week to make it happen.
– For all: Since we must (a) first be reconciled to God ourselves and (b) be fathered and parented by God in order to be God’s ambassador in our homes, what concrete steps is God asking you to take?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Praise God for being the Good and Loving Father who has established the model on how to parent
– For fathers: Repent for instances you failed to be God’s ambassador by not showing love, respect, guidance, and devotion to your children
– For non-fathers: Ask God to help you heal as you forgive your father (or father figures) who may have hurt or neglected to guide and value you
– Pray that fathers will be guided and committed to follow the Lord’s blueprint for parenting
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.