It can be hard to trust God in the midst of tragedy; a sudden death, a debilitating illness, or a collapse of fortunes can make us feel abandoned by God. This week Ptr. Jared Co urges us to keep trusting and remembering God’s promises, providence, and character in times of tragedy because He is still at work and He is still in our midst.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share 1 thing that you are struggling with. Share one thing you are thankful for.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. Describe Haman, Mordecai, and King Xerxes.
– Where do you see God’s invisible hands in this passage?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– How do you feel about the people in the passage?
– If you were them, how would you do things differently?
– What is the Lord teaching you through this passage?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– How does knowing God through this passage help you in your current situation?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Thank God because He is omniscient. He already knows everything even when we are stretched in our situations. Thank God that He has already put everything in place, according to His plan, to redeem us.
– Repent for the times when our hearts want to be God instead of trusting God for who He is.
– Pray for a heart that chooses to trust God and to faithfully walk with Him. Pray for God’s peace and reassurance to keep going in our life.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.